>>> WARREN'S WELL
Warrens Well (WW), on Crestview Drive approximately 1/2 mile east of Highway 247 in Yucca Valley, California, is undergoing preservation and limited restoration by the Morongo Basin Historical Society (MBHS). It is presently owned by the Hi-Desert Water District and leased to the MBHS. Mark "Chuck" Warren drove freight wagons through the Morongo Basin enroute to Arizona. Warren liked the area and settled here about 1880. In 1881, he hand dug WW. He later built a windmill, water trough, a small cabin and a barn. It became a "watering hole" for early settlers in the area. In 1929, the cabin burned and was replaced by an adobe house still standing to the north of the well. Dr. John Bendall ("The Flying Doctor" acquired the site in the 1950's and modified the adobe for his use.)
>>> View Photos